Xylok granted Air Force-wide ASCA license
Published 18 October, 2017
18 October 2017 - Air Force Space Command’s (AFSPC) Security Control Assessor (SCA) has authorized Xylok, LLC to act as an Air Force General Agent and AFSPC Special Agent to conduct system accreditations thoughout the Air Force.
“We’re proud to be supporting the Air Force with our excellent cybersecurity services and using our own Xylok Scanner to save time, personnel, and money,” said Kevin Pridgeon, head of Strategic Development at Xylok.
Xylok provides cybersecurity and compliance services and solutions throughout the Air Force. As a General Agent of the Security Control Assessor (ASCA) for the Air Force and Special ASCA for Air Force Space Command, Xylok serves as an independent and trusted agent to conduct system security assessments, test and evaluate systems, and develop the needed documentation in support of the DoD’s assessment and authorization process. Services authorized under the licenses include:
- Testing systems, networks, applications, and Platform IT (PIT) security and protection features
- Evaluating system documentation, policies, processes, procedures, and operations environments
- Inputting assessment results into eMASS (enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service), the DoD’s information assurance application, and working with the SCA and Certifying Authority to ensure projects are approved in a timely manner
- Validating compliance with CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53 r4, and other pertinent DoD security control guidance with remediation recommendations for non-compliant controls
- Delivering the Security Assessment Report (SAR) and the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) in accordance with the RMF for DoD IT
About Xylok, LLC
Xylok, LLC protects the world’s most trusted enterprises with solutions and services for continuous security assurance of mission critical systems. Xylok offerings include cybersecurity solutions and services, Xylok Scanner for simplifying benchmark compliance, and other services to prepare for an Operational Test & Evaluation. The company serves military and civilian agencies of the federal government. For more information, visit www.xylok.io.