Xylok LLC was founded in 2016 to develop a commercial version of the 2016 AFRC Information Dominance Award winning SPEAR (the System, Planning, Execution, Analysis, and Reporting tool). SPEAR was developed in response to the needs of the Air Force and the shortcomings existing tools presented. Specifically, SPEAR was designed to:
- Not require you to install anything
- Minimize false positives and negatives
- Automate without losing fidelity
- Increase trainability and ease-of-use
Using the lessons learned from using SPEAR for years of operational cybersecurity testing across the Air Force and DoD, the Xylok Scanner was developed to give more organizations access to these capabilities.
If you work with the Air Force or the DoD, your organization faces these same challenges. Other tools fall short, check out our comparison page to see what Xylok offers.
Xylok LLC is a veteran-owned and operated small business. All leadership team members are currently-serving Air Force Reservists.
Bryce brings 14+ years experience in compliance and IT management, making him an industry expert on DISA STIGs, benchmarks, and compliance requirements.
- Designed and conducted risk assessments for multiple classified networks at Northrop Grumman
- Served as a cybersecurity test manager in the 14th Test Squadron
- Conducted IT risk assessments for the city and county of Denver
- Managed encrypted tactical satellite communications systems as the Milstar Communications Operations Manager
- Served as a Network Center Director and a Config Mgmt Supervisor for the Air Force
- Earned a CISSP, CompTIA Security+ CE, and ITIL Foundation v3
Kevin is the head of the strategic development team for Xylok. He was instrumental in designing and building SPEAR. Kevin also built the training and documentation for how the overall system should work.
- Technical Director at 14th Test Squadron for AFSPC systems Cybersecurity compliance and vulnerabilities
- Drove 14th Test Squadron 2016 AFRC Test Team of the Year Award win through the use of SPEAR
- Initial Cadre of Instructors for Air Force Cyber 200 at the Air Force Institute of Technology
- Joined Reserves in 2008 as a SBIRS HEO Mission Commander
- Led AWACS Block 40⁄45 software upgrade
- Joined the United States Air Force in 2004
- Developed code and worked as a DBA for many dot coms
- Wrote accounting and call center code for ING’s insurance holdings
- Graduated from the University of Georgia with a B.S. in Mathematics in 1995
Ryan is the lead developer of the Xylok Scanner and, formerly, SPEAR. He brings years of experience taking products from idea to reality in practical, user-friendly ways.
- Advanced SPEAR in the 14th Test Squadron, earning the squadron the AFRC Information Dominance Award
- Developed network packet identification software
- Performed source code reviews, penetration tests, and software architecture consultation
- Consulted on commercializing his master’s thesis on Evaluating the Effectiveness of IP Hopping via an Address Routing Gateway
- Freelanced as a security-focused software developer
- Worked as an operational analyst for the Air Force
- Was awarded Distinguished Graduate from the Air Force Advanced Course in Engineering (ACE)
- Earned an MS in Cyber Operations from the Air Force Institute of Technology
- Earned a BS in Computer Science from Cedarville University